The Bay Area Green Business Program, initiated more than 10 years ago, is a pioneering program for pollution prevention and resource conservation that is a model for other communities nationwide.
To be certified as a Green Business, organizations must demonstrate that they take action to conserve resources and prevent pollution in both their facility (fixtures and maintenance) and their operations (purchasing and other practices).
As MedShare cares deeply about the environment, and about diverting as much usable medical surplus from landfills as possible, here are some of the things we did to earn this certification:
• Implemented an environmentally preferred purchasing program
• Replaced 69 metal halide lights with energy-efficient T-8 fluorescent fixture with motion sensors
• Installed ultra low flow toilets
• Made two sided printing and copying standard practice
• In the lunch/break room, replaced disposables with permanent ware (mugs, dishes, utensils, etc.)
• Toner cartridges refilled for reuse
• Retrofitted exit signs with LED lights
• Use of ENERGY STAR® office equipment and enabled energy saving features
We’re proud to be a named a Bay Area Green Business!